You guys. This gal (aka tourist) feel in love with Chicago last month. At least Chicago in the summer. I hear winter is a little brutal. But June + Chicago + Me = LOVE
So the hubs had a business trip and I tagged along and worked from a cozy hotel room with a view. I'm not sure what my favorite part was...It could have been the amazing scenes along the canal. It could have also been the yummy food. It could have also been the fact that you can go to the beach, then to dinner followed by an evening at the ballet or symphony and never leave the central part of the city. I mean...kind of unreal. If you ever get the privilege of visiting this city I'd highly recommend a few things.
- Walk as much as humanly possible. The buildings you'll pass are worth the look.
- On that note, take an architectural boat tour with Chicago's First Lady.
- Eat a Chicago-style hot dog. Maybe hot dogs aren't the best thing to consume but this was my favorite hot dog I've ever had. I'm big on pickled things and little pickled peppers...yum!
- Try all the doughnuts. Because that's what I do when I visit a city. And go early because they sell out quickly!
- Take a stroll along the waterfront.
- GO TO THE ART INSTITUTE. (That will be a separate post entirely.) And plan to be there for hours.
Ok...so hear are some of the things I saw...
Ok, so from here on out I'm sharing some iPhone photos which I don't normally do but you don't always want to lug your Canon around a big city.